Better search results! That’s the focus of this release. We made major changes to our backend systems to improve the number and quality of Mavin search results.
In addition to better search results, we fixed/improved a bunch of stuff that was nagging users: faster load times, better item images, detailed CSV export, UI improvements, and bug fixes.
|New||Loading – Improved the loading experience when waiting for search results to come back.|
|New||Ads – Improved the ad experience on the search results and item pages… removed ads, replaced ads, and changed the logic for showing ads.|
|New||Systems – Upgraded our backend systems to find and serve data in a more robust, reliable way… no dependencies on 3rd parties.|
|Improved||Search Results – Updated the UI for showing search result items.|
|Improved||Search Results – Added details to “For Sale” search results… for example, “Time Left” and “Seller Name”.|
|Improved||Images – Added better images when zooming in on thumbnails.|
|Improved||Search Results – Removed the shipping price from showing up in the “For Sale” search results.|
|Improved||Search Results – Changed the default number of search results from 25 to 50.|
|Improved||Performance – Added lazy loading, caching, and other optimizations to speed up page load times.|
|Improved||Export – Added additional details to the collection CSV export.|
|Bug||Search Results – Fixed an issue that was preventing search results from showing up for certain categories.|
|Bug||Close Button – Fixed an issue with the modal close button not showing up.|